For you! Audiobook 1st chapter, lavender sachets, treehouse update
- Free Audio First Chapter Download THE WOMAN WHO COULDN’T SCREAM
- Upcoming autographing (I forgot a few things)
- Treehouse update
August 28, 2017
In this newsletter:
Only one more week until the publication of THE WOMAN WHO COULDN’T SCREAM. Hm, what kind of tidbit I could offer to whet your appetite? How about a chance to listen, free, to the audio of the first chapter? I haven’t posted the first chapter as an excerpt, so it will be all new to you! Here’s the link, listen on my website or download and listen on your mobile device. Enjoy, and remember — the whole book is free with a trial Audible membership at Audible and Amazon. My publisher tells me iTunes Audio will put up the audio link on September 5.
Of course you can pre-order the book in hardcover and eBook from your favorite bookstore or online.
What I forgot:
1. Did you order a personalized, autographed copy of THE WOMAN WHO COULDN’T SCREAM online or by phone from Page 2 Books? Please get in touch with them again and ask for your free Christina Dodd Virtue Falls lavender sachet! 206-248-7248 or online. The lovely booksellers will take care of you. Just state it’s my fault you didn’t know about the sachet and they’ll say, “Yep, authors are like that.”
2. You can ask Page 2 to order any of my books, paranormal, historical or contemporary suspense, I’ll gladly sign them, and they’ll gladly ship them to you!
3. It’s only 119 days until Christmas, 106 days until the first day of Hanukkah, and some family/friends dare to have autumn birthdays. My point: Autographed books make great gifts!
Last year we ran out of books, so if you haven’t ordered, do it now.
Are you visiting the Seattle area for Labor Day Weekend? Or are you lucky enough to live in this beautiful part of the country where Virtue Falls is located? Please take a moment to come and visit with me:
Tuesday, September 5, 2017 – 2:00pm
Page 2 Books
457 SW 152nd Street
Burien, WA 98166
After the previous newsletter, we discovered your enthusiasm for the treehouse matches ours. How wonderful! Progress is being made. The Husband has put in the steps and has started on the railing. Since the treehouse has a prow, it’s a ship (makes sense, right?) and we’ve painted the railings bright blue. See the beam at the top? Today we get the climbing rope that fits there, and I’ll find out whether I can still climb to the top. I could when I was twelve, so why not now?
There’s not room for all the treehouse photos, so I’ve started a page where I can post more. Visit anytime! I’ll update frequently.
One more thing — Library Journal gave THE WOMAN WHO COULDN’T SCREAM a *starred* review!! “Tense, taut, and beautifully paced, this latest addition to Dodd’s series is another stunner; it will appeal to romance and suspense fans alike.” Yes, I’m giddy with joy. Yes, I am celebrating on the zipline. Yes, I promise to post a video.
Until next week,
P.S. VIRTUE FALLS just hit 250 reviews on Amazon with a 4.5 star rating, and the paperback is $4.83, 40% off, while at the same time, BECAUSE I’M WATCHING hit 150 reviews with a 4.8 star rating. Finally, OBSESSION FALLS has 175 reviews with 4.3 star rating. It’s a sign! A sign that if you haven’t started the series, take the plunge into Virtue Falls!
Or it might just be a weird coincidence. But you have to admit, the serendipity is pretty cool.
Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.