Christina Dodd’s Charro Beans
1. Soak 1 lb. pinto beans
2. Fry ¾ lb. of bacon. Drain off some of the fat (I mean, really! That’s a lot of fat!)
3. Mince ¼ cup garlic (I use a garlic rocker.)
4. Add 1+ cup chopped onion to pot, fry until transparent.
5. Add garlic + 1 tablespoon cumin + 1 tablespoon chili powder+3 tablespoons cilantro. Fry until fragrant.
6. Add soaked, softened pinto beans, bring to boil, turn down heat as low as possible, and cook until beans are done.
7. Your dinner is almost finished, so sit and read a good book. May I suggest WHAT DOESN’T KILL HER: A Cape Charade Suspense?
8. Right before you serve, add chopped tomatoes. Fresh is best, but tonight I’m using canned. Sprinkle with cilantro. Sooo good and reheats wonderfully!